What occurred in October? These are the stories in the October Quipz.
Quipz monthly recaps are a premium service that also includes research notes. You can learn more here.
- Story of the Month is Cisco Acquires BroadSoft
- 16 stories in the UC and UCaaS section including updates on Avaya and news from RingCentral, Collab9, Dialpad, and thoughts on the Forrester UC Wave.
- In messaging news there were 8 stories including IBM and HCL, Oracle and Slack, and Facebook.
- In Video there were 12 stories including StarLeaf App, VP9 SVC, Zoho, and Videxio.
- The mobile section has 3 stories featuring Google and Tango.
- Contact Center has 5 stories including my take on the new MQ.
- 4 Emerging Tech stories on AI and Speech.
- The Misc category caught 8 stories this month including the Plantronics antitrust trial and the future of Windows 10 Mobile.
- A customer win for BroadSoft.
- Acquisitions updates
- Financial summaries on six companies that reported in October.
- I always provide links to interesting stories otherwise not covered. 15 links to October stories.
- October and upcoming event summary.
There is no better way to stay current on enterprise communications.
I’ve also arranged for the Quipz recaps only to be made available to current SCTC members.