Review: Cisco Desk Pro
At 17 minutes, this is the longest review I have posted. That’s because the Desk Pro is a sophisticated product with numerous use cases.
One thing I didn’t mention in the video is Desk Pro admin is all done from the Webex Hub. A user can unpack, connect, and enter a code for streamlined provisioning.
The following information is provided from Cisco.
The most advanced, AI-powered collaboration device for the desk
The Cisco Webex® Desk Pro is an all-in-one collaboration device for the desktop that combines video conferencing, content sharing, and digital white boarding. Designed for the personal desk and small shared spaces, the Webex Desk Pro provides the latest and most advanced Webex features, including cognitive collaboration capabilities and direct access into Webex Meetings and Webex Teams™ services. The Webex Desk Pro automatically pairs with your phone or laptop when you enter the room so you can quickly join your meetings with one button to push. A single USB-C connection charges your laptop while turning the 27-inch, 4k touch display into your monitor. It also provides the ability to join meetings from any video conferencing provider while taking advantage of the high-quality display, cameras, speakers, and microphones.
The Cisco® Webex Desk Pro features a 27-inch, 4k touch display, 71-degree HD camera, 3.1 sound system, and advanced noise canceling microphone array, providing for an exceptional video meeting experience.
- All-in-one solution: The Cisco Webex Desk Pro is the only device you need to collaborate and co-create on the desktop or in small shared spaces.
- Simple and easy to use: A fully touch-based system, Desk Pro is intelligent, intuitive, and effortless to use; supports simplified one-button-to-push meeting-join experience for fast meeting starts; and consistency with rest of Cisco Webex video devices.
- Intelligent: Cognitive features like virtual backgrounds, Webex Assistant, facial recognition, and noise suppression provide for a superior, frictionless meeting experience.
- Continuous teamwork: The cloud-based platform lets your work continue before, during, and after the meeting on any Webex Teams app.
- Scalable and secure: Cloud and on-premises registration makes it affordable and easy to deploy in your personal and shared spaces, with end-to-end encryption.
Bring collaboration and productivity to new heights
The Cisco Webex Desk Pro delivers the industry-leading collaboration experience customers have come to expect from Cisco. It is purpose-built for collaboration and advanced cognitive collaboration capabilities like virtual backgrounds, Webex Assistant and facial recognition, and creative applications like digital white boarding. Easily pair your device wirelessly or dock your laptop and quickly join or start your meeting with one-button-to-push.
The Cisco Webex Desk Pro is the latest addition to the portfolio of Cisco video and audio conferencing devices, including the Cisco Webex Board Series, Cisco Webex Room Series and Cisco Webex Desk Series.
Key capabilities of Cisco Webex Desk Pro include:
- Video/audio conferencing: Professional meetings with noise canceling microphones, directional speakers, and intelligent camera.
- Cognitive collaboration: Enjoy a frictionless meeting experience and contextual insights with AI-powered features: Webex Assistant lets you start or join your meeting, book a room, or make a call using just your voice. Facial recognition identifies who is in the meeting and provides name labels for participants. Automatic noise detection and suppression ensures the meeting is free of distracting background noise.
- Digital whiteboard: Easily whiteboard with the dedicated stylus or your finger and automatically save content to a Webex Teams virtual space; multiple people can white board—in the room or remotely on any Webex Teams app. You can even annotate on any content that you’ve shared.
- Continuous workflow: Connect the Webex Desk Pro to a virtual Webex Teams space and your whiteboard creations and other shared documents will live there persistently and securely, to be reviewed and edited by any member of the team from another Webex device or any Webex Teams app.