- Enterprise Connect is the largest industry event for enterprise communications.
- The conference takes place annually in March in Orlando, Florida.
- This year, the vendor keynote presentations were from Amazon, Cisco, Google, and Microsoft.
- Organizers keep the attendance numbers private. One report mentioned 6,500 attendees, another 7,200. The exhibit hall was likely the largest it’s ever been with some 200 vendors.
- There was no dominant theme at EC19 (like messaging or WebRTC a few years back). The most dominant themes were around video communications and cloud contact center. However, vendors and exhibitors shared a lot of UC/UCaaS news.
- There were 91 first-time exhibitors this year.
- It is remarkable how much this conference continues to change. This event was all about cloud communications, particularly UCaaS and conferencing services.
- Dominant brands/booths included Poly, RingCentral, Talkdesk, and Vonage.
- The vendor keynotes were excellent this year. No bombs, and only minor glitches if any.
- AI was everywhere: telephony, conferencing, messaging, contact center, and specialized tool sets including management and analytics. AI use cases are expanding beyond use cases that begin with transcription.
A total of six sections, and the section Dave’s Thoughts has 55 Talking Pointz.
The report covers key themes, keynotes, observations, my Best of Show awards, selected news (regarding video, UCaaS, and contact cetner), and opinions from the biggest enterprise communications industry event of the year.
This report was automatically sent to all Premium Subscribers on April 22, 2019.