Upcoming Conference: Defrag
Coming up next is Defrag – this is a pretty unique conference. Unlike most of my events that are focused on telecom, this one is a bit of a tangent. I go because 1) the content is phenomenal, and 2) because it is local.
The conference is 5 years old, and organizer Eric Norlin works to keep it intimate. Eric describes Defrag as the first tech conference focused solely on the internet-based tools that transform loads of information into layers of knowledge and accelerate the “aha” moment. He collects an all-star team of the web’s movers and shakers including:
- Technologists and Evangelists
- Business Strategists
- VPs of Business Development
- Implementers of Technology
- VCs and Analysts
- Web Strategists
- Web Developers
- Community Developers
This year’s confirmed speakers include:
- Paul Kedrosky, Kauffman Foundation
- Roger Ehrenberg, IA Ventures
- James Altucher, The Altucher Confidential
- Robert Stephens, CTO, Best Buy
- Adrian Cockcroft, Cloud Architect, Netflix
- Tim Bray, Google
- Phil Weiser, Dean, CU Law School
- Hal Stern, CTO’s Office, Juniper Networks
- Lili Cheng, Microsoft R&D
- Jeff Lawson, Twilio
- Wendy Lea, Get Satisfaction
- Pete Warden
- Dave Gutelius, Chief Scientist, Jive Software
- Tim Young, Socialcast
- TA McCann, Gist
- Duncan Watts, Author, “Everything is Obvious “Once You Know The Answer”
- Sam Arbeson, Kauffman Foundation
- Brad Feld, Foundry Group
If you check out this year’s agenda, you’ll find everything from mobile to cloud computing to tech policy in DC to how Resistance Is Futile. That last one is by local TechStar Brad Feld.
For details on the event, check out www.defragcon.com, November 9-10, at the Omni Interlocken Resort just outside of Boulder, CO.
Eric always puts on a great show – I’m a real big fan of defrag and his other events – all of which provide plenty of insights, content, and bandwidth.