TalkingPointz Research: CCaaS 2021
In this 7.5 page research note, I share my thoughts on the current state of CCaaS. The timing is not coincidental, Gartner just posted three research notes on CCaaS. Fascinating pieces that really got my mind going.
- Gartner recently published several CCaaS reports. This TalkingPointz report is an attempt to further extrapolate and interpret the analysts’ informed opinions.
- The report closely examines the recent Gartner Report: “Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service” (Document ID G00740493, August 2021) by Kraus, Rathnayake, and Blood; “Critical Capabilities for CCaaS” (Doc ID G00740374, by Blood, Rathnayake, and Kraus); and “Hype Cycle for Customer Service and Support Technologies” (Doc ID G00740455, by Kraus).
- This CCaaS Magic Quadrant (MQ) is the only MQ from Gartner for contact centers. There used to be more. Previous CCaaS MQs included North American and Western Europe editions, which were consolidated into a global report in 2020. Gartner also used to publish an MQ for Contact Center Infrastructure (CCI), which was retired in 2019.
- Garter has excellent access to both the providers and enterprise clients. The analysts have some leeway, but the Gartner Magic Quadrant process is tightly controlled.
2. About Gartner MQ Reports
3. Differences from 2020 MQ
4. The Four Pillars of Great Customer Service
5. Dave's Thoughts (1-53)