The show that used to be called VoiceCon has rapidly turned into a show about video. Below are selected excerpts from some selected video related announcements at Enterprise Connect.
Vidyo Goes Virtual
Enterprise Connect, Orlando, FL – March 18, 2013 – Vidyo, Inc., today announced a fully virtualized, cascadable infrastructure for video conferencing that scales across large, geographically dispersed implementations. The release of the VidyoGateway™ and VidyoPortal ™ Virtual Editions (VE) completes the virtualization of Vidyo’s core infrastructure and opens the door to mass adoption by offering enterprise customers and service providers high quality, scalable video conferencing at audio conferencing price points. Vidyo’s customers and service provider partners will be able to realize the significant cost savings, ease of administration and efficiency improvements of virtualization without the performance constraints that have previously plagued hardware-based, MCU solutions. VidyoGateway VE and VidyoPortal VE will ship in Q2 2013.
Zoom.US takes on Skype
March 18, 2013 – SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Zoom Video Communications (http://zoom.us) today announced it is adding the Room Connector to its popular Unified Meeting Experience (UMX) service to support H.323 room systems from Cisco, Polycom and other video conferencing vendors. With the Room Connector, users on H.323 systems can join HD video meetings and screen share with up to 25 video streams on desktop or mobile devices.
The Room Connector is a piece of lightweight software that can be installed on any virtual machine in minutes. It can also support rooms with dual screens for simultaneous video and presentation streams. The Room Connector is the first solution that runs as a hybrid cloud service – administrative tasks run in the public cloud while meetings are conducted in the private cloud.
Zoom’s Personal Plan is free. The Enterprise Plan is $9.99/month per host. The RoomConnector will be available in May 2013 and is no additional cost to Enterprise subscribers.
Blue Jeans Goes Native
March 13, 2013 – Mountain View, CA. Blue Jeans Network, the global leader in interoperable video collaboration services, today announced significant enhancements to its award winning cloud-based offering. Dubbed “Room to Remote,” these new product capabilities extend the power of HD video conferencing and content sharing well beyond the boardroom.
The business video collaboration market has been dramatically affected by the surge in mobile devices, increasing demand for more affordable conference room solutions, and requirements for more tightly integrated video and content sharing. Blue Jeans Network’s Room to Remote conferencing platform is designed for this evolving market and sets the new standard for video conferencing. Key new platform features include:
Mobile Meetings – a new Blue Jeans mobile application for iPad and iPhone extends Blue Jeans’ interoperable video conferencing and content sharing to hundreds of millions of mobile devices worldwide.
Millions of New Affordable Video Conference Rooms – a partnership with Tely Labs turns any meeting room into an HD video conference room, quickly and affordably. This opens up new possibilities for the estimated 50 million secondary conference rooms worldwide.
Video and Content Together: The Best of Both Worlds – with dual HD streams for interactive video and content sharing and a “slider” for layout control, video and content can be individually controlled by each meeting participant to create an optimal and adjustable experience for their individual needs.
Sunnyvale, Calif., USA — March [ ], 2013 — Vidtel, a pioneer in cloud–based any-to-any video
conferencing, today announced a strategic partnership with BurstPoint Networks, a leader in video conference recording, streaming with content management and distribution. With the Vidtel-BurstPoint offering, companies leveraging any-to-any video conferencing solutions powered by Vidtel can seamlessly integrate with BurstPoint’s Video Communication Platform (VCP) for the recording, streaming, playback, and management of video-based communications.
Vidtel MeetMe service is a cloud-based any-to-any video conferencing service. MeetMe seamlessly bridges traditional SIP and H.323 hardware endpoints, SIP soft clients like Cisco Jabber, WebRTC-based browsers, and consumer applications like Google Talk and Skype. BurstPoint’s broad and scalable capture and recording capabilities can ingest any video-based feed from Vidtel and enable enterprise-wide streaming, distribution and management of HD content. Viewership with the BurstPoint VCP can be accomplished with any device.
Microsoft Gets Smart (about its Polycom Exclusive)
Orlando, Florida — March 18, 2013 — SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: SMT) (TSX: SMA), a leading provider of collaboration solutions, announces the SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync unveiled today at Enterprise Connect. SMART worked directly with Microsoft to develop the turnkey solution for meeting rooms that simplifies the collaboration experience for both virtual and face-to-face participants and provides seamless online collaboration through sharing of real-time video, voice and data.
Exclusive benefits of the SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync
- An ultra-wide-angle, high definition camera with a 109° field of view enables remote participants to see the entire room without the need for pan/tilt/zoom functionality. Created by SMART, the camera offers the widest field of view of any high definition video conferencing camera.
- SMART’s echo-cancelling microphone and speakers provide crystal-clear 3D audio. Up to four SMART microphones can be daisy-chained together to support a wide variety of meeting room size and configurations.
- A custom-designed codec is housed within the display enabling native connectivity to Microsoft Lync. Simply install and configure the SMART Room System and connect to Microsoft Lync. No additional hardware or software required.
- The largest interactive display option – 84” (213.36cm) – ideal for viewing highly detailed content and provides an unparalleled collaboration space.
- With the largest array of interactive display options – 1 x 70” (177.8 cm), 1 x 84” (213.36cm) or 2 x 70” (177.8 cm) – the SMART Room System accommodates room sizes ranging from 100 ft2 to 300 ft2 for 2 to 16 participants.
- SMART has optimized the desktop control module with an extra-large 11.6” (29.5cm) screen that provides users the ability to easily control meeting content and perform actions such as changing the screen layout, displaying data and visuals and emailing notes at the end of the session. Specialized cabling optimizes touch performance and provides a faster response time.