In honor of launching the SBC 5100, a new enterprise SBC from Sonus Networks, the company is offering-up a free copy of Session Border Controllers for Dummies. Here’s a few questions to assess your skill:
- What does SBC stand for?
- How is an SBC different than a Firewall?
- Why is Transcoding a logical feature for an SBC?
- How does an SBC solve SIP compatibility issues?
- Does BYOD impact SBC capacity?
- How can an SBC add horsepower to a VoIP network?
- Can SBCs provide defense against DDoS attacks?
- T/F: SBCs can support/enable ENUM?
- T/F: Do SBCs can translate DTMF?
- T/F: SBCs enable unified messaging?
About the Sonus 5100:
- Embedded transcoding/encryption processing
- Advanced policy engine
- Supports VoIP, IM, presence, and Web 2.0.
- Protects against attacks, overload and outages while preserving stateful call handling
- Supports multiple SIP variants
- Built-in media transcoding via DSP firmware