I have one key prediction for 2012: the Mayan calendar will be proved wrong, and the world will not come to an end in 2012.
Assuming I got that one right, I will offer some UC predictions that I am sure I can prove to be correct and accurate a year from now.
- A major vendor will surprise all
- A revolutionary technology will be introduced on a mobile device
- The term UC will be debated and ridiculed
- A new gadget will break sales records
- The new Magic Quadrant will really piss off some vendors
- A major vendor will exaggerate its successes
- Prices will drop
- The cloud will grow
- A major new release will be announced, but won’t ship until 2013
- A spectacular acquisition or “merger” will be announced
- A major UC vendor will see a management shake-up
- People will complain
- There will be a major breach in security
- A major outage will harm the reputation of a major provider