The Workstream Team in UCby Dave Michels in Telecom
I’ve written before that collaborative messaging apps and UC are on a collision course. I believe that Workstream Communication and Collaboration (WCC) will replace UC as the killer app for group collaboration.
There are several UC firms that are already embracing (and integrating) WCC. They are:
- ALE (TeamShare)
- Biba (now acquired by Amazon)
- Cisco (Spark)
- Mitel intends to announce a solution in Q1
- Interactive Intelligence (PureCloud)
- RingCentral (Glip)
- Thinking Phone Networks and Fuze (which previously acquired LiveMinutes)
- Unify (Circuit) to be acquired by Atos
ShoreTel, Zoom, and BroadSoft now integrate with Redbooth.
Microsoft has all of the WCC components across its application suite, but the overlaps and separate apps undermine the simplicity of WCC.
Updated Nov 3 (red)
Updated Nov 16 (blue)