Marketing Discussion with xUC CMOsby Dave Michels in Telecom
The only thing less understood than marketing is UC marketing. I reached out to three illustrious former UC industry CMOs to ask them about their experiences.
I spoke with:
Andy Cunningham – prior CMO of Avaya
Martyn Etherington – prior CMO of Mitel
Chris Hummel – prior CMO of Unify
- How is UC different?
- How important is brand in UC?
- All this talk about buyer’s journey – how is the buying process really changing?
- Who is the target regarding UC Marketing? CMO? CIO? End Users?
- Does UC marketing need to change? How?
- Re Goliaths: Is it better to be “as good” or “different” than the industry giants?
- The implications of the transition into services.
- Social Media impact and responsibility
- Does UC Marketing ever feel dishonest? The claims of productivity and innovation or even cost savings ever feel obligatory but misleading?